Thursday, August 15, 2013

Summer update #3

sos still 2 8

Taking a much-needed vacation from editing the film "Speed of Sound" to do a residency in Pentwater, Michigan. I leave really early tomorrow morning and its a really long flight from the west coast to Grand Rapids. There were originally going to be four editors on the film, but I did the first scene and just kept going forward like a wild man. Now Chy Chi is editing the penultimate scene, and I'm editing the final scene when I get back. Then moving on to scoring with Matt Pomykalski, the sound mix, and color correction. The perks are almost ready from the crowd source campaign but I won't be getting to that again until I get back on the 26th of this month. The video embedded below was put together for Matt, using Bernard Herrmann music as a scratch track. It's a rough cut of the tennis sequence in "Speed of Sound".

Hopefully I'll be able to blog in Michigan. The residency is sort of process-based, since I'll be sharing my process with artists of other fields. I'm going to use this time to write my next script, called "Musical Chairs", which has a unique process based on photocopies from 60's/70's Swedish films. I'd like to share it here too!

No comments:

Post a Comment